1. Why is SHIAMAK Bollywood Academy named after Shiamak Davar?
Shiamak Davar is an Indian choreographer, often recognised as one of the first to bring Contemporary Jazz, Bollywood Jazz, Indo Jazz, and other western forms of dance to India. He is known as the guru of contemporary dance in India, with heavy influence on India’s dance scene, especially in the film and theatre industries. His signature and very popular “Shiamak Style” of dance is recognised all around the world, which he used in directing choreography for the movie Mission Impossible 4, Commonwealth Games and many other famous projects and events. In July 2011, Shiamak was awarded an honorary doctorate from Middlesex University in recognition of his contribution to entertainment in India and throughout the world.
2. What dance styles can I learn at SHIAMAK Dance School?
Shiamak’s weekly classes offer one of a kind training programmes for students of all ages and abilities. Learn Shiamak’s trademark dance styles, including Indo Jazz and Bollywood Jazz with Shiamak’s specially trained dance instructors.
3. At what age can one register for SHIAMAK Dance classes?
The starting age for a student to register for classes is two years. However, there is no upper limit; you can join the classes even if you are approaching your 100th. We categorise our classes based on the following age groups:
- • Kids – 4 to 6 years
- • Pre-Teens – 7 to 12 years
- • Adults – 13 years and over.
4. Where do you run SHIAMAK classes?
For the safety and well-being of our students, instructors and all concerned, our dance classes are currently being held online on the Zoom platform.
We are regularly monitoring the advice from government and health authorities and will resume in-studio classes only when it is safe to do so.
5. What is the duration and frequency of the class?
The duration of all ‘kids’ classes is 45 minutes.
For ‘preteens’ and ‘adults’, the duration per class is 60 minutes. Exceptions apply to workshops and intensive courses.
6. Can I join a class if I have a medical condition?
If you have a medical condition, you are required to get a Doctor's certificate that allows you to participate in the class.
7. Are parents allowed to watch the class?
Depending on the nature of a workshop or a class, parents are usually notified before the class and informed about classes they can view.
8. Do participating students get certificates after a batch?
All students participating in the Summer Funk and Winter Funk performance batches may be given a certificate of participation upon completing the batch and performing at the event.
9. How can I register for SHIAMAK Dance Classes?
For further details on how to register for Shiamak classes, please contact us via one of the following methods:
- • Phone / WhatsApp: +1-201-8999799
- • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. What is the type of clothing that I will need to wear for the class?
The classes require comfortable dance attire such as tights, yoga pants, sweatpants, and t-shirts. It is also advisable to bring a bottle of water to hydrate yourself when thirsty and carry a body-sized towel for the class.
11. Will Shiamak be present for the class, if not then who will be conducting the classes
Shiamak Davar will not be present for the classes. SHIAMAK classes are conducted by an experienced, dedicated, and trained faculty who are handpicked by Shiamak himself.